legal stuff for couples

Marriage license

We have a license to wed and we're not afraid to use it!

Couples need to apply for a marriage license with their local government.

or Chicago (cook county) start with the Cook County Clerk's office.

For Milwaukee couples, start with the Milwaukee County Clerk

Important. Please read:

You will need to apply for and receive your marriage license in advance of the ceremony; please read through the process carefully. You can either give me your marriage license in advance or bring it to the ceremony yourself (or in the trusted hands of a bridesmaid, brother etc.). I will sign, date and otherwise officialize your marriage after the wedding ceremony and mail it to the proper authorities for you.